|1. Geometric Camera Strap|
|2. Dip-dyed dinner napkins|
|3. Dip-Dyed Baskets|
|4. Hand painted pillows|
|5. Paper Birdie Art|
|6. Crisscross ribbon lamp shade|
You may have noticed that I'm all about DIY projects, whether its furniture, decor, or beauty. If there's a way I can make it for less, I will. Even if it means a few hours of focus and effort. True, running to the supermarket or a department store might be less time-consuming; but I'm usually willing to put in the time and elbow-grease just for the sheer joy of creating something.
That's not to say all my undertakings are successful. We won't even mention the scrap-book-paper polka-dot lampshade. Yea, sounds cute right? Wrong. Oh, so wrong. A more accurate name would've been fish-scale-weirdness-lampshade. Yet, even when my DIY efforts become a total, messy flop and I've superglued my fingers together and glitter has someone managed to coat the floor...I'm still smiling because DIY is just so stinking fun.
Here's a few spring-hued project ideas for your weekend. Let's hope its filled with a healthy dose of sunshine and lots of toothy, cheek-aching smiles.
1. I've been dying to make one of these geometric print camera straps. I think the spots of color would look adorable since my Nikon is white.
2. Spring is usually bridal-shower season as well. These dip-dyed dinner napkins from A Beautiful Mess would be an adorable gift idea for the bride-to-be.
3. I found this image for dip-dyed baskets on Pinterest, so I don't have a link to provide for you. But I would say the photo is self-explanatory.
4. One of my favorite magazines, Better Homes and Gardens, suggested these hand-painted pillows as an easy home decor craft.
5. Another favorite blog Under the Sycamore posted this adorable paper birdie art a few years ago. I think it would be absolutely adorable for a kid's room or nursery.
6. Again, this image was found via Pinterest, so no link. However, I would say that photo, again, is self-explanatory. All that's needed would probably be fabric tape (or super glue) and some patience.
Which project idea is your favorite?
I think if I was to tackle one this weekend it would be the dip-dyed napkins. I think they're just so fun and springy!