Thursday, April 2, 2015

DIY Project // No-Sew Curtains for the Bathroom


Do you ever walk into a room in your home and, all of a sudden, some feature just glares out at you? You never noticed that particular item or feature before... but suddenly now you think 'Jeez. That's ugly." Well, this happened to me a few days ago. As I stood innocently brushing my teeth, the bathroom window caught my eye. Specifically, the window blinds.

I've never liked window blinds. Sure, they keep sunbeams from waking us up at dawn. Sure, they help manage the power bill. Sure, they keep peeping eyes out (yikes, I hope not). But man, could they be uglier? You show me some window blinds, and I'll show you some annoying, floppy, difficult-to-dust eyesores.

So thus was born this DIY: no-sew bathroom curtains. You may remember that I completed a similar project for our kitchen, to hide the air conditioner. Since that project has held up so well, I decided to outfit the bathroom in a similar manner. All I needed was to find the right fabric. A quick trip to JoAnn's Fabrics solved that problem.

Materials needed:
-fabric
-scissors
-heat & bond hem tape
-curtain rod and curtain clips
-iron






(Ps... pardon the lack of knob on the bathroom vanity. I'm in the process of replacing the hardware.) 

I think the black and white palm leaf pattern perfectly suits our little space. The quirky print combines vintage charm with modern, Southern style. I love how crisp the inky-black leaves look against the white bathroom trim. Plus, the no-sew technique is just so easy. And in my opinion, easy and cute are the perfect combo when you're talking about DIY. If you're looking for a fun, quick project, why not try making your own no-sew curtains this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...