Monday, December 12, 2011

The Beginnings

So here we go! Engaged on October 8, 2011--It was an epic event. There was champage. White horses were involved. Thomas Jefferson was there. (No, really.) And the moon was playing boldly on the Potomac. The poor boy outdid himself. At every subsequent Valentine's Day, he'll present a rose (perfectly beautiful in its own right), and the public outcry will be "Hey, what happened to that white horse? And the carriage? Gee, thanks for the prickly flower." I'm teasing, obviously. He's wonderful--so abide my sloppy love-sickness.
We're engaged; so obviously I started a blog. You can see the direct link there. An obvious cause and effect. Time to laud the comings and goings of our lives--and the countdown to the BIG DAY! (If you must blame someone, blame my friend Sarah G. She has one, and it seemed like a wonderful idea at the time.) I promise there is method to my madness. You see, there's roughly 400 miles between my family and his. So this blog is an opportunity for both sides to keep up with wedding developments as they occur, in real time (woohoo!).
Welcome to a feast of wedding planning, apartment hunting, gown shopping, showers, and over all new-life-organizing. And maybe even some unexpected capering fun along the way to keep things from being too boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...