Monday, August 25, 2014

On My Bookshelf

image via Pinterest

I have a confession: I'm a bookaholic. In order to function as a normal adult (but then what is normal?), I must carry around a book at all times in the event withdrawals begin to occur. That's right. I have a book in my purse at all times...even when I know good and well that I won't have time to read. Parents, friends, colleagues...all have tried to help me, but I just keep on going with this unending cycle. As soon as I put one down, I pick one up.

When I do need The Book--whether I be waiting at the car shop, in a hair salon's lobby, or killing time between class--pulling it from my purse gives me this burst of accomplishment. I think: "Ha ha! I win. I have a book. Okay, good bye for a bit, World."

Wait. Is that just me? Oh. Okay. Well anyway....Here's a look at what's lined up on my bookshelf for the remainder of the summer and beginning of fall.

Reading:

 The Lowland by Jhumpa Lahiri

Planning To Read:


What is on your reading list? Any favorites you can recommend? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...