"Simple" is an important part of a newlywed girl's vocabulary. Especially when it comes to kitchen antics. And this cookie recipe certainly falls under the description "easy." It requires only three ingredients, ones which I always have on hand.
Here's what you need:
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup sugar
Here's what you do:
- Mix your ingredients together in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Scoop out small amounts of the cookie mix and roll into little dough balls.
- Arrange on an un-greased cookie sheet.
- Using a fork, mash slightly and create the little cross-hatch design.
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes before eating.
As simple as these cookies are to make, they taste amazing straight out of the oven paired with a glass of milk. We're not big sweet eaters around here, but I love to tinker in the kitchen and bake. So, most of these little yummies went to our neighbors. Which illustrates a good point. As quick and easy as these cookies are to bake, they would make great last-minute hostess or holiday gifts!