Friday, June 17, 2016

Our Favorite North Carolina Beach


Last week, Mark and I went with his family on a much-needed vacation to Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina. I'll go ahead and say it. I am not a fan of Myrtle Beach, SC. While this town was our family's vacation destination my entire childhood, as an adult, I wouldn't choose Myrtle as my go-to. It's often congested and has become overrun with gimmicky-touristy attractions.

Not so at Ocean Isle Beach. This beach destination has maintained its small-town vibe. It's far enough away from the commercialization of Myrtle Beach that you feel secluded, bu close enough that if you want to go shopping or visit a boardwalk, you can. I however am perfectly content to spend my days lying on the beach and my evenings stuffing my gullet with Calabash seafood. Which I did with gusto. 

Allow me to regale you with the list of seafood in which I so stupendously indulged: flounder, trigger fish, clams, mussels, oysters, calabash shrimp, and scallops. I'm pretty sure I ate every seafood item available in North Carolina-- and I am not one bit ashamed. Is it bad that eating is one of my favorite parts of vacation? I guess it's good I workout everyday, huh?? 






Some of our favorite Ocean Isle Beach (and nearby) spots: 


What is your favorite beach getaway? Mark and I are always looking for a new place to go. We hope to plan a long weekend trip for our fourth anniversary this year. So we are open to suggestions!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...