Sunday, May 13, 2012

Clear-sight & Sunshine

There was ripped paper.
There were broken pens.
There was exessive writer's-block, frayed nerves, and many, many hysterical tears.
But somehow it happened: my undergraduate  senior capstone "The Lost" developed into a polished (eh..? Mostly?) creative nonfiction draft. I bound it in a black three-ring binder and presented it to an audience of about 40 people.

Photo of my great-grandparents, used in the project

And to make the victory even more sweet: I (along with five other incredibly talented young women) passed with flying colors!
A week later, I stumbled across the room at Baccalaureate to dazedly accept Piedmont College's valedictorian award. I had somehow completely forgotten there was anything known as the top honors award. Before you note the general naivete of that statment, remember I was home-schooled through high school (ah, that explains the eccentricities) and so graduated at the top and bottom of my own class of one. I have to admit, however, that having a tangible award for all that hard work was an incredibly exhilarting moment. I feel highly blessed!

After Piedmont's baccalaureate service


So now: I am a college grad. Hello English degree! Hello rest of life, in need of planning! Hello scary black hole of existence! Ack! No pressure!

What this means: I have to locate a job (at some point) and, oh yea! Plan that wedding to that man that I'm madly in love with.
So, in short, here I am, resurfacing after months of inactivity, to FINALLY get down to the nitty-gritty business of planning this shindig! Here we go!

Mark and I at graduation

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...