Thursday, July 31, 2014

Dill House Diary: Inspiration

As we tick off renovation projects, one by one, the main project begins to loom closer: the kitchen. While I would love to scrap and re-do the whole space--cabinets, counters, appliances, everything--budgets are a real and formidable force. As it is, we'll be replacing countertops and sink, as well as adding a backsplash and some open shelving. Maybe someday, if we're lucky, we'll get to replace the appliances as well, but that investment may have to wait until I have a teaching job.

While there are still some months yet until we tackle this endeavor, I decided to share some of the photos that somewhat capture the design in my head. I guess you could say that the look I'm going for is "urban farmhouse." If that's a thing.

One of my favorite interior decorators is Joanna Gaines of Magnolia Homes. Most people know her through her HGTV show Fixer Upper. I've started hearing her voice in my head when I fantasize about what our kitchen will be. I love how she seamlessly mixes rustic and modern and layers texture upon texture. She makes me want to go white-wash something.




Do you like the farmhouse look? Or do you prefer a more traditional style? 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...