Monday, July 21, 2014

Tunes, vol. 1




I come from a musical family. We sing, play piano, strum guitars, and clap our hands along
with the radio. Music has always been a part of my life. Some of my favorite memories
are of my dad driving me to school in the grey-blue morning light with the radio belting the Monkees,
the Eagles, Little River Band, Steve Miller Band, or Three Dog Night.

So, I thought I might start a weekly series called --hey you guessed it--"Tunes."
It'll share some of my favorite songs, new and old. Some you may have heard,
some you may not have heard, some you may never want to hear again.

What better place to start 
than with my all-time favorite singer-songwriter Brandi Carlile? 

What this song makes me think about: 
sleepy-eyed mornings, swimming pools, kitten paws
grill-smoke, horse-hair and the smell of hay,
the way my PawPaw's eyes glinted when he grinned,
and a woolly Cocker Spaniel named Murphy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...