Thursday, November 19, 2015

Currently // November




Staring the day with coffee and a good book. I love having just thirty minutes to slowly wake up. I don't want to talk to anyone, I don't want to watch the news or check my phone. I just want to read a book, sip my coffee, and slowly return to life. 

Reading The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman. This. Book. Is. Amazing. Originally intended to be a short story, it grew more into a novella and tells the story of a little boy who finds himself entangled with some powerful, otherworldly forces. I finished it in one day-- seriously, I couldn't put it down. 

Listening to classical music. I'm not entirely sure why but Tchaikovsky's Piano Concerto No 1 came on my Spotify radio the other day and triggered this classical kick. I think it's my way of seguing into Christmas music. 

Watching House of Cards on Netflix. Is it bad to cheer on Frank Underwood? Because he is quite horrible yet I can't help it. 

Anticipating the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday. I absolutely cannot wait for turkey and stuffing and gravy and rolls. Oh, and family too. But mainly the turkey and stuffing. 

Enjoying the fall weather. We've been so lucky this year. Last year, it had already snowed by this time. This year, however, we've had a series of mild days which has made for some excellent puppy walks and nice electric and gas bills. More of that, please. 

Understanding that sometimes it's easier to just do what makes for peace rather than argue. It just makes the whole day go much better. After all,  blessed are the peace-makers right? Or so they say. 

Ending the day reading a verse or two with the hubs. I love reading something wholesome and good just before bed. It helps ease my mind for sleep. Plus, any excuse to spend time with the husband is okay in my book. 


What have you been up to lately? 



1 comment:

  1. Love this! I've started making time to sit and read while I eat my breakfast every morning and it makes such a difference in my day. I feel like it's a sign of us getting older. Twenty-year old Whitney would have NEVER gotten out of bed earlier in order to take things slow before work.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...