Saturday, January 21, 2012

Weekend Treasure

The weekends are going to be my new blog-updating time. Saturday mornings are so nice and lazy (when I'm not working on my bachelor's thesis...ugh! Why Piedmont requires one, I don't know). I'm going to designate them the "AmpnAbi" hour.

Yesterday, Mom and I discovered a tiny treasaure trove: 13 metal lanterns! For an incredbly reasonable price. Thanks to Pinterest and The Knot, I have plenty of lantern-decorating ideas.
Here's a sneak peek at our find. The rainy overcast skies created some weird lighting--so unfortunately color is hard to ascertain. But, you can get an idea. They come in three shapes.

This may be my favorite shape


The tiny lantern


The big lantern

Also, here's a sneak peek at some decorating ideas. I've been collecting magazine clippings and pinning ideas like mad on Pinterest and The Knot websites. Both of which are a not unpleasant distraction these days from schoolwork. Obviously, these are not my wedding colors. Just ideas.

If used indoors

If used outdoors
Hope you enjoyed the peeks at my planning! I won't be sharing too many--because I don't want to give away every detail of the day. However, I just couldn't contain my excitment over these lanterns.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...