Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Our Weekend in Photos 10.15.2013






As you can see, our weekend was all about pumpkins, pumpkins, and more pumpkins. We spent our Saturday sloshing through mud and puddles, our arms loaded with a harvest boon. Saturday marked the 50th celebration of the Catoctin Colorfest, a fall festival here in Frederick Country. The streets of sleepy little Thurmont--the type of town you drive through on your way to somewhere else--suddenly bursts with tents, booths, and vendors, their tables piled high with textiles, candles, paintings, pottery. The items trend from the typical, like a handmade scarf, to the surprising, like beeswax-dipped and scented pine-cones (maybe you've seen them before...I hadn't. I was impressed.) I went telling myself I wouldn't buy anything...until I saw the handmade coffee mugs.,,and then the aforementioned scented pincecones...and then the little white pumpkins...and then the local apple cider...you see where I'm going with this? There's just something about fall festivals...the crisp air, the crunchy leaves, the snuggly scarves...that loosens the pocketbook.

Isn't October just perfect? I can't get enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...