Monday, October 6, 2014

Our Wedding, Part 1

As our two-year anniversary draws near, I thought I might take this week and share some favorite photos from our beautiful day.

This time two years ago, I was experiencing daily butterflies and grinning entirely too much. I knew that on the upcoming Saturday, I was going to marry the sweetest, smartest, strongest man I had ever met. As surreal as that week was, this week--knowing that I've spent nearly 2 years with this amazing person--is almost just as surreal! It's hard to believe that so many days, hours, and moments have flown by. Especially when I can still close my eyes and remember every second and every detail of that beautiful day.

Our Wedding, Part One: The Little Details: 

Wedding planning is truly a behemoth task. Even if you plan to host a small event, there is a lot to think about. The gown, the cake, the flowers, the suits...the venue, the photographer, the music...the food, the drinks, the programs...So many big-ticket items and so many little details. Leading up to the event, I had a tight rein on every detail of the day. From the flowers used in my bouquet to the tiny glass bottles decorating our tables to the boy's boutonnieres to the font on the programs. I wanted all details to complement each other and produce a larger effect: a romantic, rustic theme.

But you know what? When the day finally arrived, I somehow forgot every detail. The only thing that mattered was the man at the end of the aisle. Every little aspect that I had sweated over--the font on my programs, the painstakingly blotted puffpaint on the pumpkins, the dahlias on the cake--melted away, eclipsed by the unfailingly-calm side-grin of my soon-to-be-husband.

 So even though it has been said a million times, it bears repeating: don't sweat the small stuff. Because you're not marrying those place-holders or party-favors or one-season-only blooms or those to-die-for table cloths. You're marrying your husband, your partner for life, the best person you know in the world. Don't let anything --even that wonderful, beautiful, memorable big party--diminish that amazing gift.











All photos are copyrighted to Bianca Hubble of Axsys Design, our wedding photographer. These photos and all other photos (taken by her) that will be shared in this series are either photos already shared on this blog with her permission or photos whose digital rights I have purchased.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...