Friday, February 12, 2016

Celebrating the Ordinary, vol 3


This week saw another impromptu snow-day, although thankfully not as bad as the last one. There's nothing like a snow day to make you appreciate the sturdy roof over your head and the warmth of your own home. These pink carnations in our bedroom window created a spring-barrier between us and the cold. I don't know about you, but I am ready for some bright flowers and warm weather. Although, with Maryland winters being what they are, we're mostly likely in for a few more months of winter. Yet dealing with the gray skies and chilly weather reminds me to appreciate the simple things like home, good food, and family. 

In case you missed it this week, I shared some of my favorite winter coping strategies along with a delicious recipe for savory crockpot meatballs.  

Some interesting things I read this week:

How did you react to Albright's statement about the "special circle of hell for women who don't support other women," her way of reprimanding young women for not supporting Clinton? Personally, I base my voting on my research and principles not on my sex. 

I've been following this young couple as they travel the world together. Would you sell all to see the world? 

Some tips for cleaning your home with natural and homemade products.

A favorite local blogger reminds us to celebrate the home we have with her new hashtag. 


Have a wonderful weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...