Monday, February 22, 2016

Currently // February Edition


Enjoying the recent bouts of sunshine and warmer weather. Last weekend, the temperature reached the 60's.  Let me repeat: the 60's. In February. In Maryland. Flats wore worn. Coats were discarded. Windows were opened. Celebration ensued. 

Writing the twelfth chapter in my impending novel. It's coming along y'all! Sometimes it blows my mind to realize I've somehow managed to dredge twelve coherent chapters from my brain. Here's to twelve more!

Knitting a moss-stitch cowl. I'm a sucker for good packaging and recently picked up a few skeins of this yarn in a soft grey. I really kick up the knitting and crocheting in winter. I like having something to do with my hands while watching Netflix in the evenings. I don't know why-- I just do. I guess it imparts an illusion of productivity to Netflix-watching. 

Reading the mystery novel The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith. For those who don't know, that would be J.K. Rowling's pseudonym. Her prose and story-telling abilities are always such a welcome pleasure. 

Watching another Netflix original: Marco Polo. At first, I had my doubts, but then after the first two episodes, I really got into the characters and culture. Mark was a little slower to warm to the story; but even he was sold by the first season's end. 

Listening to Sia's new album on repeat. Her single Reaper? More, please. 

Loving the new photo-editing app A Color Story. I've switched almost exclusively to using it for all my iPhone photography. Also, never before have I made in-app purchases for filters. But it is so worth it for this app. I highly recommend it! 

Exercising with the hubs every week night. Right now, we're focusing on a CrossFit style workout that combines the big Olympic-style weightlifting with some intense metabolic training. Let me just say, I've never done so many burpees in rapid succession in my life. 

Scouting out potential rentals and real estate in the D.C. area. Currently, Mark has to spend about two hours commuting (each way). Needless to say, I would gladly pay more a month to have more time with him in the evenings. So, we're currently weighing our options. It's both scary and exciting! 

Cooking with ground turkey instead of ground beef. Lately, we've been really into ground turkey tacos. I haven't tried turkey burgers yet but am tempted to give it a try. 

Anticipating the arrival of spring. With today's blue skies and sunshine, it's just warm enough to make one think fondly of potted plants and rose buds. Yet March can be one of our coldest, yuckiest months here in the Mid-Atlantic. 

What about you? What have you been up to lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...