Tuesday, April 19, 2016

A Peek Indoors with Sarah of Bluffton, SC


Welcome to the third installment of my monthly home decor series "A Peek Indoors." This week, we get to peek into the living room of my sweet friend Sarah. With its soft neutral palette, this living room manages to combine muted coastal vibes with a minimalist practicality-- all while maintaining its lived-in, welcoming atmosphere. It's a space in which anyone would enjoy sharing conversation and coffee. 

Now let's peek into this gorgeous, airy space!



"When my husband and I purchased our home four years ago, we were young and newly married with jobs we both loved and a passion for travel. In those four years, our lives have changed in a way that is very typical, yet feels light years away from that beginning together. We now have a one-year-old son, I'm a stay at home mom, and we have fully embraced the comfort of staying home as travel is one million times more difficult with a baby along. Our home has evolved right along with our life changes. 



"My husband couldn't care less about the look of our home, but I've spent the last year curating our space into one that brings us joy, is highly functional, and is also safe for our baby to explore. As a minimalist, I've pitched carloads of "junk" (much to the chagrin of my husband), invested in simple, neutral furniture with small pops of color to bring life to our home and inspire joy. Over time, I've narrowed down our decor to meaningful items. I finally feel very content with our home as it is now, and I'm continuing to focus on constantly paring down instead of purchasing more to fill our home. The space we live in feels open and comfortable: our little haven.



"There are many rooms I love in our home, namely our brand new relaxing screened-in-porch and our son's colorful art and travel-inspired room, but the room I decided to share today is our living room. It's where we spend most of our family time and gather with guests. Our living room is a perfect example of our overall style -- simple and minimalist with pops of bright color. Flow and empty space are abundant in this room, which makes it feel larger than it really is, while also freeing up my mind to think and just be, a hard objective to achieve with a toddler running around. I've decorated with lots of family photos, artistic shots from our pre-baby travels together, and little mementos from our world adventures. 

With comfort, minimalism, and meaningful curating combined, we are thankful to feel like this space is one we can be at home in for years to come." 

Thanks for sharing, Sarah!

Would you like to be featured on "A Peek Indoors"? 
Contact us at patinaandpurl [at] aol [dot] com to be considered! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...