Monday, April 4, 2016

Homemade Dairyless French Toast Sticks Recipe


One of my favorite breakfast indulgences is French toast. I absolutely love it! Even those frozen French toast sticks that you have to heat in the microwave. Slathered in maple syrup... YUM. 

Today I will share one of my favorite breakfast recipes: Homemade French Toast Sticks. The recipe in its original form can be found over at A Beautiful Mess. However, since I'm lactose intolerant, I can't do dairy! And I know I'm not the only one. So I adapted the recipe slightly to accommodate those of us with tummies who can't handle milk and cream. Read on to find the ingredients and instructions. 


Makes 2-3 servings

Ingredients:
French bread (4-5 slices)
4 eggs
2 tablespoons vanilla almond milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
cinnamon-sugar topping (1/4 c sugar and 2 tbsps cinnamon) 


Instructions:

1. Cut the bread into "sticks."

2. Mix the eggs, almond milk, eggs, vanilla extract, and cinnamon in a shallow dish or bowl.

3. Coat each stick in the egg-mixture and set onto a greased baking sheet.

4. Sprinkle each stick with cinnamon-sugar.

5. Broil for about 2-3 minutes each side. Definitely keep your eye on them! We all know that with one blink a broiler can burn whatever is in the oven.

6. Once cooled, serve the sticks with plenty of maple syrup and a cup of good coffee! Yum!


What's your favorite breakfast treat?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...