One of my favorite breakfast indulgences is French toast. I absolutely love it! Even those frozen French toast sticks that you have to heat in the microwave. Slathered in maple syrup... YUM.
Today I will share one of my favorite breakfast recipes: Homemade French Toast Sticks. The recipe in its original form can be found over at A Beautiful Mess. However, since I'm lactose intolerant, I can't do dairy! And I know I'm not the only one. So I adapted the recipe slightly to accommodate those of us with tummies who can't handle milk and cream. Read on to find the ingredients and instructions.
1. Cut the bread into "sticks."
2. Mix the eggs, almond milk, eggs, vanilla extract, and cinnamon in a shallow dish or bowl.
3. Coat each stick in the egg-mixture and set onto a greased baking sheet.
4. Sprinkle each stick with cinnamon-sugar.
5. Broil for about 2-3 minutes each side. Definitely keep your eye on them! We all know that with one blink a broiler can burn whatever is in the oven.
6. Once cooled, serve the sticks with plenty of maple syrup and a cup of good coffee! Yum!