Friday, April 8, 2016

One Pencil Skirt, 3 Outfits



This grey pull-on pencil skirt from LOFT has become a staple of my spring wardrobe. It rotates through my winter and summer closets, perfect for every season depending on what I pair with it. What I love most about this piece is how comfortable it is. So lately I've been pairing it with tees and sandals as much as with heels and blouses. Honestly, it's every bit as comfortable (maybe more so) than a pair of jean shorts. 

Here are three ways I've been styling it lately:


Outfit one: This look has become one of my spring go-to's. It's comfortable and cute at the same time. A comfy skirt, a comfy tee, comfy shoes-- what could go wrong? Since Maryland's spring weather can still be a bit chilly, I pair the outfit with a light jacket and scarf to ward off the chilly breeze.

Shop this look:
top (old), similar here
scarf (old), similar here


 Outfit two: When I saw this blousy pink top at Target, I had to have it. It's so springy and pink-- it just reminded me of a peony. I'm a huge fan of bright colors-- in case you can't tell-- and love pairing pale pinks with bright citrus-y hues and neutral bases. This out fit has become a favorite for me on warm spring days.

Shop this look:
shoes (old), similar here



Outfit three: And of course, you can always dress a pencil skirt up. Whether paired with heels or flats, this outfit is both polished and comfy. The cardigan dresses it up for church or work, but you can easily remove the outer layer to look more summery and casual. This is an outfit I always feel pretty in-- and that's an important part of an outfit I think!


Shop this look:
cardigan
shirt, similar here
skirt
flats (old), similar here
wedges
bracelets (Etsy), similar here

Whats your favorite spring wardrobe essential? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...