Thursday, April 7, 2016

What Are Your Top 10 Movies?


The other day, Mark and I stumbled across the movie Walk the Line playing on TV. You know, with Reese Witherspoon and Joaquin Phoenix? Who doesn't love this movie! "This may be one of my top ten movies," I remarked and to my surprise Mark agreed. The conversation got me thinking.... What are your top 10 favorite movies? Those classics you can always come back to and enjoy with a bowl of popcorn?
Here are my top ten:
  • Gladiator -- Probably my all-time favorite movie, to be honest. 
  • Walk the Line -- I've always loved Johnny Cash's music. So a movie about his life? Of course. Plus, any child of the early 2000s loves Reese Witherspoon. 
  • Julie & Julia -- This movie will make you gain weight just watching it. You'll be cry-laughing around mouthfuls of chocolate cake. 
  • Under the Tuscan Sun -- This movie makes me want to run away and buy a house in a foreign country and grow sunflowers and bake amazing Italian food. I think people who move abroad are so brave, and I'm a wee bit jealous of that bravery. 
  • Mrs. Doubtfire -- This movie without fail will make me laugh every time. The phrase "drive-by fruiting" crops up pretty regularly in our household. 
  • Just Go with It -- I'm usually not a huge Adam Sandler fan, but I am a huge Jennifer Aniston fan. And this movie manages to strike that perfect balance between guy-humor and girl-humor. Its one of the few movie I've bought immediately after watching it. 
  • Legends of the Fall -- My sister used to have a huge poster in her bedroom featuring this movie. Ah, 1990's Brad Pitt, how we miss thee. Here's how much I love this movie: I had the music played during our wedding ceremony. 
  • Pride and Prejudice -- Two words: Mr. Darcy. That is all. 
  • Fried Green Tomatoes -- I feel like every woman from the South needs to watch this movie. I can't deny that I've had my share of "Tawanda!" moments. 
  • the Lord of the Rings trilogy - I grew up watching these movies and still really enjoy them. I always enjoy stories where good prevails against all odds. 
What are some of your favorites? Share below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...