Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Reader Favorites of 2015


Can you believe that 2015 is nearly over? I can hardly believe it. I'm still trying to figure out how Halloween wasn't just yesterday, and when and how Thanksgiving and Christmas already passed. To be honest, 2015 was simultaneously one of the hardest and happiest years of my life. Mark and I got hit with a lot this year. If it was anything, life was certainly not easy for us in 2015. Yet, I learned so much this year about myself, about others, about marriage, and about life.  

I learned that your own real opinion of yourself is more important than others' opinions of who they think you are. I learned, no matter what comes tumbling through life, my marriage can be the foundation I cling to; but that this means that sometimes I have to do my part by being a steady rock and not always just the one clinging to it.  I learned that often the world is dishonest and wrong, but that those things don't have to cross the threshold into your home. I learned that peace and kindness is more valuable than asserting yourself and proving that you're right. I learned that burdens will be lifted if I just pray for them to be so. 

Most importantly, I learned that, even though life cam seem impossibly difficult, it's still blessed, happy, and full of things for which I should be thankful. Sometimes, it's still easy to forget this one. To be honest, I'm still working on this lesson and probably will be for my entire life. But I'm thankful to have at least  small understanding of thankfulness. 

In the spirit of thanksgiving and nostalgia at the close of another year, I thought it might be fun to look back over this year's posts. To create a "Greatest Hits of 2015," if you will. This little space experienced some growth this year -- something I thought might have happened but that I didn't really realize until I sat down and looked at a year's worth of posts. Thanks to all who have followed along on our renovation journey this year; I hope you'll continue reading as we tackle all that 2016 holds!

Without further ado, here are your greatest hits and reader favorites of 2015. If you missed one of these posts when it was originally shared, you can click on the title and catch up. 

Patina & Purl Reader Favorites of 2015


10. Warm Industrial-Inspired Vintage Desk


9. Birch Tree Statement Wall


8. Bathroom Makeover


7. Chalkpaint Pumpkin Pillow DIY


6. Creating a Capsule Wardrobe 


5. Our Home Work-space Tour



4. Dining Room Tour



3. Patio Makeover



2. Deciding to Change
This blog post was hugely personal to me. Deciding to leave my M.A.T. program was a huge step that made me insanely nervous, but to this day I haven't regretted it. Which lets me know that it was the right life choice for me. I was overwhelmed by the kind response everyone had to this post. Thanks for being so supportive! And a HUGE thanks to all the teachers out there-- I am amazed at your strength and intelligence and ability to do what you do. 



1. Our Kitchen Reveal
This post by far was my favorite of 2015-- and yours too, apparently! Our kitchen renovation was a long time coming and took the whole family to complete. But I'm so thrilled with the result. We were lucky enough to  have this project featured on Apartment Therapy as well as Unfolded. 


Thanks to all who followed along this year. We hope you'll stick around and visit us on the flip side. It looks like 2016 has a lot in store, and we can't wait to share it with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...