There's just something about having a bouquet of fresh flowers on your kitchen table.
Our nearest grocery always has a few baskets right at their check-out lines, overflowing with one buck bouquets. Of course, they're just little dyed daisies...but they are fresh and bright and make me smile to look at them. I bought them on a whim--fancying they would brighten up the onset of winter, now that December has arrived. Yet, surprisingly enough, December dawned beautifully this weekend: azure skies, chilly but gentle weather, and a cool, winter sun. And, if the weather man isn't deceiving us all, this lovely climate is here to stay for a few days. Which is fine by me. Being at home alone, churning out job applications, and missing my fellow is a little less daunting and dreary with sunlight streaming through the windows.
Our weekend, then, was filled with red and white daisies and that broad sky--but also a fun card night with some friends, a little Christmas shopping, a good bit of Christmas wrapping, and my first attempt at baking tilapia. How was yours?
In parting, here are a few lovely links I enjoyed over the weekend:
- Speaking of flowers, here are some lovely flower arrangements from A Beautiful Mess. Feathers, anyone?
- a beautiful DIY project: this pom-pom cowl from Purl Bee. Reasons I need a sewing machine...
- a bright and eclectic Paris-inspired house tour
- another stylish home tour. I really spend too much time on Apartment Therapy, don't I?
- a recipe I'm aching to try out
- a lovely Pin-terpretation of winter
- my weekend Etsy favorite finds: here, here, here, and here
- and, lastly, my two favorite December desktop calendars: this one and this one
Have a wonderful Monday!