Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Let's Go Camping

When the air acquires that crisp, tart scent, my mind immediately jumps to thoughts of campfire smoke, cozy sleeping bags, sweatshirts, and toasted marshmallows. The weather here in Maryland hasn't turned just yet, but in the evenings, there's a certain smell, a certain feeling, a certain something on the air...and you just know, fall is coming. 

Mark has always been an avid outdoorsman. He knows way more than the average person should about edible herbs, prime camping spots, rock climbing, and wilderness survival. His process for starting and stoking the campfire has to be some kind of ancient art form. I meanwhile am utterly ignorant when it comes to camping and survival. In a crisis, I would definitely be the first to go. But that blue-eyed Virginian has definitely imparted his love of camping to me. And now, as I tick the days on the calendar down to that date marked "Autumnal Equinox," I can't help but get excited for thoughts of fall camping trips. 

For now, however, I'll just have to satisfy my urges with this camping mood board. If you're into rustic farmhouse decor, you should definitely check out Painted Fox Treasures. They offer a whole treasure trove of vintage-inspired goods from baskets to blankets to lighting. I often catch myself aimlessly scrolling through their website, ogling and drooling over rustic pendants and canvas tote bags. It makes me want to redesign my entire house in a rustic industrial style. I based the above Mood Board on items currently available at their online shop. Some are even on sale! Definitely click on over and give them a look-see. 

And finally, in parting... 

This list of fun camping spots in or near Maryland:


Sources (clockwise from top):
my own image // cabin // sign // metal baskets // fireplace // weather vane  

Full Disclosure: I am part of Painted Fox's affiliate program and as such may receive a small commission for this post. However, I only affiliate with brands and companies I truly like. All opinions expressed here are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...