Monday, January 4, 2016

10 Things You May Not Know about Me


1. I used to train horses and had two paint mares, a dam and filly duo named Precious and Jazz. 

2. I used to have a dreadful self-image and be painfully self-conscious. Only in the past year, as I've started weight-lifting and exercising almost daily , have I begun to see my body as something to be proud of rather than embarrassed of. Trust me, it took a lot of effort to get to this point! Plus, I absolutely love working out with my husband in the evenings. It's a great way to blow off steam and reconnect after work.  

3. Most of my teenage years, my goal was to join the Air Force. It wasn't until I got a little older that I fell in love with writing and literature and moved in a more creative direction instead. 

4. I met my husband when I was 14 years old, but we didn't start talking until I was 18 years old. 

5. I used to be as country as a country girl could get-- I'm talking feeding baby calves, wearing Ford and Chevy Tshirts, and sporting Justin boots everywhere I went. Now, I am considering moving to D.C., one of the busiest cities in our nation. 

6. I'm a huge advocate for pitbull-type dogs. The surest way to get me in an argument is to insult my dog or his breed. I mean, look at Solo... how cute is that pup? 

7. I'm currently working on a novel which I hope to complete this year. At least, that's my resolution... no pressure right? 

8. My favorite music genre is rock, yes the hard stuff. I may be cute, but I can sing every word to Slipknot songs-- a trait that my husband may either find endearing or alarming, I haven't determined which yet. 

9. Someday, I would love to own a fine art studio and gift boutique. Or maybe a florist shop. Or maybe an interior design studio. Who knows. Anything that allows me to work with my hands. I'm still figuring out my career goals. 

10. I graduated valedictorian from my alma mater Piedmont College, a liberal arts college in Northeast Georgia. So I must have some brains rattling around in there somewhere. Although honestly, I just worked my butt off. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...