Last night, I cooked one of my absolute favorite recipes: Chicken Vino Bianco. Or at least, my own version of this crowd-favorite Olive Garden dish. It's one of my favorite meals to cook for a romantic evening at home. Add a loaf of crumbly, crunchy bread and a side salad-- yum! It's perhaps not the healthiest supper ever, but every now and then you just have to splurge. Butter in moderation never hurt anyone.
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup white wine
1/4 cup lemon juice
3 tbsps butter
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
2 tbsps parsley
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1 red bell pepper, sliced thinly
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced thinly
1/2 red onion, sliced thinly,
handful of baby bella mushrooms, rinsed
1/2 cup flour
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper
What You'll Do:
1. Dredge chicken in seasoned flour (flour with salt and pepper) and then cook in pan. I usually allow about 7-8 minutes (or until the chicken reaches 165 on your meat thermometer). Once cooked, remove from pan and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to its package instructions. Drain and set aside when finished.
3.Add 2 tbsps butter to your pan. Saute veggies, parsley, and red pepper until tender. This will take about 3 minutes or so.
4. Return chicken to pan. Add wine, lemon juice, and garlic. Saute for another minute or two. Then, add remaining butter to pan.
5. Bring to a boil and allow to simmer for a few minutes. The sauce will reduce and thicken somewhat.
6. Add cooked pasta to pan and saute together for about a minute.
7. Toss in a bowl and serve with a loaf of warm, crunchy bread.
Give this recipe a try next time you want a yummy dinner for two at home.