Thursday, October 8, 2015

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread


Ya'll. This bread is slap-yo-mama good. I'm not even joking. One bite into this moist, soft bread tastes like an explosion of holiday goodness: cinnamon, chocolate, pumpkin, nutmeg...

Need I go on? 

After I made this bread Monday, I told Mark, "Babe, I'm gonna be the official Queen of the Holidays." Because this bread is absurdly yummy. And this is coming from someone who isn't a huge pumpkin-flavor fan. I want to be-- after all, it's pumpkin spice season! But I can't help it-- it just tastes like squash. To counteract the pumpkin flavor, I loaded this recipe with chocolate chips. Ya'll know me, if it has chocolate in it, I'm probably going to like it. And this turned out perfectly. The mix of pumpkin, spices, and chocolate is just perfection.  Paired with a strong cup of coffee? Mmmm. 


Ingredients: 
1 and 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 eggs
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
pinch of salt
1/2 c. coconut oil (melted)
1 and 1/2 c.pumpkin puree 
2 tsps. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
14 tsp. ground cloves
chocolate chips

Tip: You can substitute the above spices with pumpkin pie spice if you want. 


Directions:

Preheat your oven to 350F.
Spray a 9x5 bread pan with cooking spray. I used Pan baking spray.

1. Whisk together your dry ingredients in a large bowl: flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.

2. In a separate medium-sized bowl, mix your eggs, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. I like to mix ingredients like this using a spatula.

3. Add the pumpkin puree and melted coconut oil to the egg/sugar mixture. Don't worry-- your bread won't taste like coconut!

4. Mix ingredients together, being sure to mix to fully incorporate the dry ingredients.

5. Slowly fold in your chocolate chips. I kind of just "eyeballed" how many chocolate chips I wanted. I probably used a little less than a cup. For some people, that may be too much, but I love chocolate! I would recommend adding chocolate chips maybe a 1/3 cup at a time until you get as many as look good to you.

6. Slowly pour the batter into your baking pan. Bake for about 60-70 minutes. Time will vary depending on your cooking conditions and oven. After about an hour, I started checking the bread to make sure that it wasn't browning too much on top. You can check to see if it's done by inserting a toothpick. If the toothpick comes out clean, it's done.

Tip: Lower your oven rack to prevent the bread from browning too much. 



Once I removed the bread from the oven, I let it set for about 5-10 minutes to cool. Once ready, I couldn't wait to feel the sink and give of the bread knife into the crust. The melty chocolate chips smeared the blade and made my mouth just start watering.  I love the way that baking bread fills the entire house with that warm, spicey smell. No candle can do that. 

A cup of coffee, a good book, and a slice of this bread was the perfect recipe for a fall afternoon at home. Try it out this weekend and let me know what you think! 

This post shared at:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...