Saturday, October 3, 2015

Currently // October


It's been awhile since I've shared a Currently post, but the start of my absolute favorite month of the year seemed like a good excuse to share one.

Starting the day with coffee and a good book. I've been getting up about an hour earlier than I really need to just to take advantage of the early-morning coziness with my favorite pup, favorite book, and favorite brew.

Listening to Brandi Carlile, Sam Lewis, Avett Brothers, and the Civil Wars-- in short, my fall playlist.

Reading (or rather re-reading) The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson.

Watching the best Western ever: Hell on Wheels. Seriously, that show makes me want to demand that Mark grow out his hair and start wearing vests and boots.

Going on long walks with the Solo-Bear in the mornings. Thank goodness for the RuffWear harness, the only thing between Solo and total squirrel annihilation.

Eating crockpot meals, the savior of a working lady's evenings. Some of my favorite crockpot recipes lately have been pulled pork sandwiches, chicken caticcatore, and barbacoa.

Drinking caramel macchiatos like they're going out of style. Lately, I'm not a huge fan of the pumpkin spice coffee craze. How about you? Did you fall out of love with the infamous PSL?

Planting mums in every available container. I absolutely love mums and pumpkins on my front stoop in fall. This year, I did an all orange and burgundy theme in honor of the hubs' favorite football team. Can you guess?

Enjoying the autumn rain and the first chill creeping into the air.

Smelling my new fall Yankee Candle, Autumn Fields. I love the woodsy-spice scent it fills our house with.

Understanding that sometimes the best course of action is what makes for peace and striving to be more willing for that.

Ending the day by jotting down a few journal notes. Having just a few seconds to write before bed really helps me prepare for sleep. I can write down any worries or ideas I have-- clearing my mind so that no pesky thoughts keep me awake.

What have you been up to lately?
Link to your Currently post in the comments below!


Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...