Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Lovelies 11.20

image source
Day 20: Today I'm thankful for my sweet sister Heidi. She's the kind of woman I think all women cheer and root for. A woman who runs from before the sun comes up until after the sun goes down. She dazzles the customers and bosses at work and then cuddles on her two baby boys at home. Makes money for the company then makes dinner for her family of four. She'll tell you off in a minute if she thinks you're wrong, but she's also the sweetest, most tender-hearted woman I've ever met. I've seen her pull over to help a stranded kitten or lost dog on the side of the road, and I've seen her exercise unlimited amounts of patience with her toddler son, when I long ago would've pulled my hair and probably his out too. Basically, other than my husband, there's no one else I'd rather have by my side and there's no one else who I can guarantee always has my back. So today I give a hearty thanks that she was born before me and put up with my goofy little-girl-ness, ponytails, plastic ponies, and all, for all those years before I grew into--I hope!-- a tolerable woman and friend and little sis. 


There. See? I'm remembering this November-Give-Thanks thing. It helps when I sign on facebook and see others faithfully logging in their grateful little status updates. But honestly, I think there's something wholesome about taking a moment, everyday, to sit down and come up with at least one thing for which you can shout out a thankful praise. It reminds me of how much I really do have to praise and laugh and smile about.

Today, I'd  like to share with you some little lovelies for which I am also thankful. These finds mainly are gleaned from my Pinterest boards, Etsy favorites, and blog roll.

Here you go:



Only a few more days until tummy-stuffing, family love, and turkey-induced sleepiness! Prepare your pantries, waistlines, and over-worked ovens! Turkey Day is one its way!

Have a happy Tuesday, friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...