Tuesday, November 20, 2012

You're My Sugar Pie

In case you haven't noticed from my constant references to their blog or from my incessant pinning of their ideas...I'm mildly obsessed with the lifestyle blog A Beautiful Mess. (But I mean, come on, who isn't? These ladies are, number one, absolutely adorable and, number two, insanely talented and creative.) This blog, which documents the work and inspirations of sisters Elsie and Emma, consistently inspires me to keep writing, working, and perfecting my own creative work--be it home decor, creative writing, photography, cooking, or art. This blog literally offers something for every reader. Today, however, I decided to do more than simply read and admire their quirky handiwork. I decided to test out one of the recipes over which I so often gawk and drool. And now? Now I'm completely head over heels for this peanut-butter pie recipe . Yes, my heart has been stolen by a slice of pie. Sincere apologies to my dear husband, but really...when you taste this delicious little bit of sweet heaven... you will understand. I can't wait to test it out on our families at Thanksgiving this Thursday!
Before adding the peanuts and chocolate chips garnish

It actually looks like it should! I'm so proud!
Also- aren't those little white pumpkins adorable? 

Recipe from A Beautiful Mess, as stated above. 

Pie Ingredients: 
graham cracker crust (I went the easy route and bought a Keebler Ready Crust)
6 oz dark chocolate chips (plus some extras for garnish!)
2 cups whipping cream
8 oz package cream cheese
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
chopped peanuts and chocolate sauce for garnish (optional)

Instructions: 

  • In a small pot, melt together your chocolate chips and 1/2 cup whipping cream. Stir until just melted and no lumps remain. Remove from heat. Pour over the graham cracker crust. Set aside and let cool while you prepare the next layer. 
  • In a mixer, combine peanut butter. brown sugar, cream cheese, and 1/4 cup whipping cream. Mix until light and fluffy
  • Add in the vanilla extract and remaining 1 and 1/4 whipping cream. Continue to beat until the peanut-butter mixture forms stiff peaks. Spoon over the chocolate layer. Cover and freeze overnight.
  • Be sure to allow the pie to soften slightly before serving. Garnish with chopped peanuts and remaining chocolate chips and drizzle with chocolate sauce. Enjoy!


I highly recommend making this pie. Its so yummy and very easy to make. It only took me a few minutes and was a good new-wife-new-cook recipe. That means it caused me no stress and no panic whatsoever. I'm sure I'll be reusing this recipe in the future. (Finally my constant reading of A Beautiful Mess has a practical result; and my hubby can't tease me about my blog obsession anymore because he likes the pie as much as I do. He gave the pie an eyebrow raise and "hmm" of approval. That's volumes for this man of few words.)

This will be my last post until after the turkey holiday. Tomorrow brings some exciting opportunities, as well as a nice, long car trip down to Virginia. I can't wait for the long weekend of family, food, and friends. I'll return on Monday! Have a wonderful rest of your week and eat lots of yummy food!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...